If you suffer from neck pain in East Rockaway, New York, or Chelsea, NY, Dr. Brian Katz can help you achieve natural, holistic relief.
Understanding Holistic Care
Neck pain is a common complaint for a variety of reasons ranging from injuries to tension from sitting behind a desk all day. While medication can help to relieve the pain temporarily, it will consistently return until the pain’s cause is addressed. Medication is simply a Bandaid to help you make it through the day.
To truly relieve pain, you must address the underlying cause and the triggers. For example, if neck pain is caused by sitting at your desk for hours, there’s a good chance that your posture and a lack of strength in the neck are to blame. It might also be due partly to how your office is set up.
This is where holistic care comes into play. While it is certainly used to relieve pain, it also targets the causes of neck pain. In this case, Dr. Katz is likely to create a treatment plan that includes adjustments, stretches and exercise, massage, and information on how to set up an ergonomic office. Developing a plan with these treatments addresses everything from the root cause to the symptoms.
Holistic Approaches to Neck Pain
Every treatment plan varies as it’s created specifically to address the individual. If you are suffering from neck pain in East Rockaway, New York, or Chelsea, NY, Dr. Katz offers the following holistic treatments.
- Chiropractic adjustments: Neck adjustments, otherwise known as cervical manipulation, help to realign the spine. This loosens the joints, takes the pressure off of the nerves, and relieves pain.
- Active release technique: Active release technique or ART is utilized to break up tense and unhealthy tissues, improving flexibility and relieving pain.
- Ultrasound therapy: Ultrasound therapy sends heat to target areas, which helps to relax the neck and spinal muscles.
- Electrical muscle stimulation: EMS induces contractions of the muscles. This leads to stronger neck muscles as well as an influx of healing nutrients to the targeted area.
- Low-level laser therapy: LLLT is a therapy in which infrared light is sent to the muscles and other tissues in the neck, which helps reduce pain and inflammation.
- Physiotherapy: Physiotherapy is used to strengthen and stretch the neck, which helps to improve posture and range of motion, reduce tension, and relieve pain.
Other pain relief treatments might include therapeutic massage, dry needling, and more.
Don’t let neck pain control your life. Make an appointment with Dr. Katz at his East Rockaway office by calling (516) 593-8333 or his Chelsea, NY office by calling (516) 509-5825.